Safeguarding is extremely important to The Domino Foundation C.I.C and sits at the heart of our programmes and events. We believe that no one should ever experience abuse, exploitation or neglect.
We believe it’s everyone’s responsibility to safeguard children and adults at risk from abuse and to take action when made aware of the risk of harm.
In line with UK legislation, The Domino Foundation C.I.C recognises it has particular responsibilities to safeguard and promote the welfare of:
- All people who engage in The Domino Foundation C.I.C. activities, including the people that use The Domino Foundation C.I.C services or attend The Domino Foundation C.I.C project events
- All adults at risk who engage in The Domino Foundation C.I.C. activities
And to keep them safe and to practice in a way that protects them.
Purpose of policy
The Domino Foundation C.I.C. is committed to creating an environment which ensures all those accessing services or working with The Domino Foundation C.I.C. enjoy opportunities to thrive, develop to their full potential and can feel safe from risk of harm or abuse.
The purpose of The Domino Foundation C.I.C.’s safeguarding policy is:
- To protect people at risk who engage with The Domino Foundation C.I.C. activities through effective safeguarding practice and codes of conduct
- To uphold safer recruitment practices to prevent those intent on harming children and adults at risk from accessing the children or adult at risk who engage in The Domino Foundation C.I.C. activities
- To make sure we effectively recognise, respond, record and report safeguarding concerns or disclosure so that those who engage with us access the safeguards they need if at risk of harm or abuse
- To provide those who work with The Domino Foundation C.I.C. all who engage with The Domino Foundation C.I.C. activities the overarching principles that guide our approach to people at risk protection
The Domino Foundation C.I.C. recognises that many of our programmes and events are centred around creating trusted spaces for exploring openness about personal identity and life experiences which could increase the likelihood of those who engage with The Domino Foundation C.I.C. activities disclosing current or past experiences of safeguarding concerns. This makes The Domino Foundation C.I.C.’s commitment to, and responsibility for, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all people at risk central to our practice.
The policy and all accompanying procedures apply to all those who work with The Domino Foundation C.I.C. including members of staff, Directors, contractors, partners, volunteers, visitors and any other individual who may work with The Domino Foundation C.I.C. from time to time.
It is the responsibility of all who work with The Domino Foundation C.I.C. to act if there is a cause for concern about a person at risk, or the behaviour of an adult towards a child. It is not their responsibility to determine what action is required to protect them. Rather responsibility for deciding whether to escalate a concern to the appropriate authority lies with any single Director at The Domino Foundation C.I.C.
The Domino Foundation C.I.C. requires that our partners with whom we contract, share our commitment to safeguarding. We will expect them to demonstrate this to us by having their own safeguarding police and procedures in place that are ‘fit for purpose’ before any partnership agreement is agreed and continued or that the partners are in agreement to adhere to The Domino Foundation C.I.C.'s safeguarding policy and procedures while working under the The Domino Foundation C.I.C. umbrella.
The Domino Foundation C.I.C. is committed to ensuring all those who work with The Domino Foundation C.I.C. [also volunteers, trustees and relevant contractors] are trained to the appropriate level to fulfil both their day to day role and safeguarding roles and responsibilities.